Thursday 11 November 2010

Back at last and a new challenge

Whoop whoop, can you tell I am excited that I have finally arrived in the land of blog. Seven weeks after move in day I have internet , you wouldn't believe how much I missed it.
Anyway here is my DT card for the new challenge over at Sarah Hurley challenges and this week its my fabulous friend Mel who is our host. Mel has chosen the easel cards as our theme which I know we all love so please join in if you can.

Here's my take on the challenge but remember you don't have to use any of Sarah's products it's all about having fun!!




papers & topper- Christmas cheer cd
snowflakes- Daisy and Dandelion ( birthday present from Mel)
pearls & flowers- wild oechid crafts
tools- CB stars embossing folder, Spellbinders nestie, corner punch
Cardstock- The Paper Mill

**********
I am so full of surprises today can't believe it's November and this is my first christmas card this year. My new year resolution to start in January went awol... maybe next year lol.
Secondly my DT card was made from scraps not through choice as can't find printer cable and didn't realise there was no ink argh!!

And finally I actually used my very neglected small corner punch and it was all thanks to my recent nestie purchase at the SEC in Glasgow.

I had a ball and it was shared with my truley scrumptious friend Susie. The morning was spent at the craftshow stopping for some lunch and finally heading into town for a couple of cocktails in TGI Fridays. It was a day of tears,laughter,food,alcohol,great friendship and of ofcourse craft shopping....a perfect day!!

Hopefully we can make it again next year but this time I will need a budget for craft goodies and coctails lol

That's all from me today but will def be back soon promise!!

hugs Clare x

9 comments:

  1. Oh honey its so good to have you back hee!
    Love your wee card, especially that you fably got it out of scraps!
    So so so jealous of you two going to SECC, I so wished I could have been there too!
    Glad you had a ball tho!
    Hugs Melly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back and that sounds like a perfect day x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, welcome back!! Fantastic card - and your new nesties look fab!

    I agree, it was a wonderful day in Glasgow and we DEFINITELY need to do it again (or something similar!).

    Was brilliant catching up with you at toddlers too, this week - thanks again, fantabulous friend!

    Susie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hellllooooooo fabby to have you back in blogland you have been missed. So hope we can catch up soon and maybe a bit of craft shopping at craft world too.
    Your easel card is great and good that your purchase from SECC has helped you too.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card - everything about it - the colours and the image
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya hun,
    welcome back - I have so missed your posts. This is just fabulous, I love the colours and considering you've used scraps it is awesome.
    Can't wait to see more!!! Glad you had a great day at SEC - Ali and I had a great day at NEC last Saturday!
    Hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay..so glad to have you back chick :0)...gorgeous card and i love the colours..
    hugs
    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's fab to have you back! Gorgeous card - love the blue and brown. And that embossing is gorgeous! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi there, a gorgeous card, love the layout, image.

    ReplyDelete