Wednesday, 24 November 2010

ABC Challenge - I for Ice and Snow

Has another week past already?I had great intentions of crafting more but home life is taking over at the minute so only managing to get dt cards made. Sad really as I am only on two dt challenges!!

I am now thinking It's probably too late to panic about getting my christmas cards all made for Dec, as to date I have only managed two, this being the second. There's always next year....right???

This card was made for the new challenge over at ABC and the theme this fortnight is Ice and Snow. I thought this Magnolia image was perfect not only for the challenge but suited hubby's christmas card too.What do you think??

I decided to be a bit fussy with this one and while I was setting up my craftroom I came across loads of hidden treasures that I had forgotten about.


another angle


image- Magnolia
promarkers- denim blue,cornflower blue,pastel blue,ice grey 1,cocoa,caramel,blush,almond,palepink
papers- Anita's classic christmas blue
flowers- Wild orchid craft
Stars- local craft shop
ribbon-stash
beaded spray- hobbycraft
snowflake charm- Debs candy win ( thanks hun)
tools- MS doiley punch,oval nesties and stickles
glitter dots/sentiment- Penelope and Percy glitter stickers- Birthday present from Mel ( they're just fabulous)
foil card- local stationary and birthday present from Susie

****

challenges

sketch- sketch saturday
non-traditional-Totally Gorguss
christmas without red and green-Fussy and Fancy
punches- Magnolia stamp Lovers
anything goes- a spoonfull of sugar
let it snow- simon says stamp
cut it out- Papertake weekly
blue christmas- wild orchid challenge

phew need a cuppa now!!

take care

hugs Clare

15 comments:

  1. Its a beautiful card ... i love that image - its one of my favourites
    Love the colour scheme -feels really icy
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous - love the layout! Apparently, it's the THOUGHT that counts, so you've actually LOADS of Christmas cards done!! Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous chick..love it!!..i've made lots of xmas cards but all orders..i havnt any yet that i can send!!!...:0)
    hugs
    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week Clare ! Your card is gorgeous ! Love the soft colours and the beautiful embellishments ! Good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh clarebear
    I so love it! The image is fab, I may have to look for that one hee! Hubby will love it hee!
    Hope all is well and those gorjuss boys are good too!
    Hugs melly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Clair!, love the cute image and fab layout and colours too,
    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww! This is gorgeous - I love the image! And the colours are beautiful. Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is fabulous and so cute.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card, thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss. Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the paper that you punched!! The whole card looks amazing :)

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!! We appreciate that you shared your work with us!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again next week!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful layout and color combination. BTW, I love your blog colors and design. Thanks for sharing at the MSL challenge. C2

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful! And I love the pics of your tartan army! Thank you for joining us this week at Fussy and fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Clare - adorable image and gorgeous colouring. Thanks so much for visiting today, and for the challenge info.
    HUgs, Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete